Thursday, 18 July 2013

4 Consecutive Days Of Practice & Some Pain


It's the first time ever that I've practiced Ashtanga four days in a row! Yay! Today's practice was even 'better' than the one yesterday and I think my rug soaked up at least 2 litres (67 oz) of my sweat as it was a hot and humid day. My hair was so soaked that it literally looked the same as if I came out of the shower. I have eye-witnesses :D

Practicing full Primary Series is nice. I feel more fulfilled after practice, simply because the Primary Series seems to make so much more sense to the body when completed, instead of stopping somewhere after Bhujapidasana.

My Kurmasana is really flat now, I only need to manage to get my heels off the floor.

Drop-backs are also coming on quite nicely. Still assisted, of course but this afternoon I warmed up my back at home and tried dropping back onto an elevated surface (my bed, about 40 cm tall (15.7 in)). It worked! :) I didn't try to stand up though but let myself fall onto my bed instead.

The result of these four days is a couple of bruises, one on my shoulder, one on my elbow and the ones on my wrist you can see in the photo above. I think they are there because sometimes when I try my amateur jump-throughs my toes smack against the wrists. Oh, dear.

At least bruises are the kind of pain everyone agrees is normal part of Ashtanga and I can take it. All my joints are feeling fine, that's what matters to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment