Monday, 20 May 2013

Unexpected Garbha Pindasana!



Yesterday I wanted to practice with a recording of Guruji reciting the opening and closing mantra but I had a huge, immense hangover. The night out was amazing though, so I really don't regret it. I was at a club with so many good friends and we danced until 6.30 am... I was in bed by 7 am!

I only did some Surya Namaskara and a few standing postures for about 15 minutes at 10.30 pm haha.

But today I practiced at the shala again and I was dreading it a little because I still felt like I lacked sleep and that the poison was not out of my system. On the other hand I was looking forward to sweating it out efficiently.

My practice was very weak in the beginning, I didn't jump back and forth in both Suryas and somehow my mind wandered in the standing postures. But by the time I arrived at the Marichyasanas I already felt stronger and better. I bound the tips of my fingers in D, kinda half-assed Navasana and with the help of my teacher I put my head on the floor in Bhujapidasana. Then Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana with assistance and when I wanted to start backbends my teacher called from a few meters away that I shall get into lotus. Whaaat?

I was NOT expecting to get a new pose. Really, not at ALL. I can't figure out what her reason was to give me Garbha Pindasana! I still need assistance in Mari D to bind only at the fingertips, I need assistance for Bhuja and both Kurmasanas... I really don't see it. But of course I am happy! :)

Well, today I couldn't do it with the arms through the lotus because I was wearing long leggings but holding my lotus from the outside and rolling 9 times in a circle went perfectly well. After the 9th rolling I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

Tomorrow I'm wearing shorts!

After that elating moment the rest of the practice went relatively well...my headstand was nice and I could finally do Urdhva Dandasana, lift up again and lower down completely for the first time in ages.

I hope you all had a lovely practice today :)

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps your teacher gave you the new pose because she sensed the poison in your system and decided that rolling around in lotus would help you get rid of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, maybe? i hope i didn't smell too badly, i even showered before practice :D

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo for Garbha! That's great, Tanja! I have yet to get my arms through my lotus legs in this pose, too. Thank you also for your comment to my post about the Salt Flats in Peru. That meant a lot. I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment :) i hope you get your arms through, soon. do you use a spray for your arms and legs? i did today and i slid in easily !

      Delete
  3. congrats on the new pose. roll up your leggings for garbha! shorts are a nightmare for bhuja, unless you don't really sweat at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i usually sweat like a pig! haha but i did wear shorts today for the first time and bhuja went just the way it usually does (i can cold it but not tip down/get back up on my own). i'm a lot more worried for crow!! :)

      Delete
    2. yeah, it's the exit- the bakasana -that is impossible (for me at least) with sweaty legs. garbha/kukkutasana will also increase your strength..i dont know if you notice that getting a new pose often makes the poses before easier (though there can also be a period of everything going to hell, so to speak) before that happens.

      Delete
    3. i have not yet notice this because for about 5 months i was always doing only up to mari D. it's just been recently that i could move on but maybe in a few weeks i'll notice :) the part that has helped me the most was trying to do execute better chatarungas and trying to jump through properly :)

      Delete