I know there won't be many people reading this, but those who do, if you can help me, please leave a comment in the box below :)
Okay, so since I started Ashtanga and grew a lot of muscles and got more flexible, my body has obviously transformed. But one thing I don't get is the transformation of my middle section.
Somehow, while my limbs are as slender as they always were, just more defined and with a prettier butt, my belly is round. Really, really round. On some days it looks like I am pregnant in 5th month or something.
I have, so far, analyzed this and came to the conclusion that there are several factors contributing to this:
1) My belly muscles are bulking out instead of developing in a flat way. But I'm trying really hard to apply my Bandhas in the correct way.
2) I don't eat a rigid yogi diet, but still fairly healthy with some chocolate or ice cream here and there, so there's a little layer of fat, but it's really no where near too much belly fat, I can assure you.
3) I am bloated, so damn often. It's annoying!
The bulky, round belly isn't a thing that I dislike because of beauty standards/fashion idols or whatever. It just gets in the way when practicing Ashtanga! Especially in postures like Marichyasana D and many forward folds.
Conclusion: I want to reduce the bulk.
So, my questions are:
1) What trick is there to the use of Bandhas and core strength that will help make the muscles strong and flat, like the ones all you other Ashtangis seem to have?
2) How often do you eat desert? What?
3) What can I try to reduce my bloating? Do you think I might be lactose or gluten intolerant? How do you prepare your veggies so you don't get bloated?
The worst thing is, since more than a week, I kinda suffer from loss of appetite, so I don't eat super much but my belly is waaaay out there all the time :-/
I'm grateful for any answer or suggestion,